Friday, July 10, 2026

The Story of a Spiritual Dog

 Written by Jiu-hua Lao Ren, Translated by Richard and Irene Chao May 1989

FOREWORD

I was born in a farmer’s family. My grandparents were considerate and kind. They believed in Tien Tao and sincerely practiced it throughout their life. My parents sent me to school when I was young but I was not very interested in studying. I quit school after the sixth grade. Then I tried farming and opened a small shop with little success. I joined the army when I was eighteen years old. My country was in a very unstable and dangerous situation at that time. Internally, there was corruption. Externally, the Japanese were trying very hard to take away our land and resources. I felt that it was time to truly devote myself to my country. I then participated in the special training program offered by the Army. After graduating I was sent to work behind enemy lines for eight years during the Chinese-Japanese War. I have caused trouble for the enemies of China. There are records of many of these events.

During the eight years of the Chinese-Japanese War, I personally led my comrades on dangerous missions. I was always successful. During these eight years, I have endured hunger, exhaustion, injuries, cold, heat, and other unbearable conditions, and my life was in constant danger. My comrades and I have experienced many miracles when we were in danger. The weather would change drastically. Fog would set in suddenly which gave us a chance to escape. At other times, the local folks and Tien Tao believers supplied us with food and helped us hide weapons and military supplies. When I tried to pass a search station, or when I was temporarily detained, I had to face enemy military attack dogs. Those dogs, however, never attacked me. They were even very friendly to me. Consequently, the dog’s owners believed that I was just an ordinary person and let me go free.

Also, when I went home to visit my family, my little white dog would often wait for me a few miles away to warn me not to go any further because the enemy had surrounded my house and were searching the village. This type of situation happened repeatedly. In fact, more than ten times. Those miracles made me aware of and deeply appreciate the help that I have received from God and Buddhas.

When the war ended in 1945 my Tien Tao Teacher helped me resign from the Army. After that I practiced Chinese medicine and lived a simple life. I was determined to devote my life to cultivate Tien Tao in order to avoid the ever lasting wheel of life and death (reincarnation) and to repent the sins I have committed in my life such as killing, stealing, lusting, lying, and drinking.

Fifty long years have pass and I have encountered all sorts of miracles that have emanated inside or outside of Tien Tao's environment. When I was involved in open or secret missions I witnessed many incredible events. Usually, truth mixed with falseness. And falseness mixed with truth. It could be very confusing. Recently I have heard of an interesting event that took place in California, in the United States. A family of Tien Tao believers had a pet dog.  He was a gentle and smart dog. When we were preaching Tien Tao or advising a Tien Tao followers, his soul could understand it. Later, when his master realized his unusual nature, his soul was taught to recite "Ten Word Sutra", "Four Words and Seven Verses Sutra", "Bai Yee Shen Zhou" and "The Heart Sutra" of Guan Yin Bodhisattva (the Goddess of Mercy), "Mee Luah Sutra", and "Wong Sheng Sutra".  He learned them well and recited them every day. His master has been aware of his ability to realize the true way to cultivate Tien Tao and was deeply moved. They decided to write down the story and publish it to enlighten the people of this world. The end of the world is approaching. Natural and manmade disasters are everywhere. It is time for people to wake up and look for the Tien Tao Teacher to receive and cultivate Tao. It is the only way to escape from reincarnation and to avoid the disasters we are facing.

Jiu-hua Lao Ren

Hong Kong,

The Fifteenth of August in the Chinese Lunar Calendar,

The Seventy-Seventh Year of the Republic of China (1988).

 

 點閱更多好文:

經典 傳記  素食 健康營養  真儒復生

Click For More Articles:

Vegetarianism Health Nutrition

Cultivation of Tao

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of a Spiritual Dog

 Written by Jiu-hua Lao Ren, Translated by Richard and Irene Chao May 1989 FOREWORD I was born in a farmer’s family. My grandparents were ...